About Us

NZ Salmon has been operating in Newcastle since early 2011..

Our business has a good reputation for high quality, clean, fresh fish. The product not only looks and tastes superb, a testament to the environment in which the salmon is developed, but it is considered somewhat of a superfood with its high quality protein, vitamins, minerals and high content of omega-3 fatty acids with King salmon claiming the highest natural oil content of all salmon species..

NZ Salmon offers a variety of sustainable salmon products. Our brands include Regal King salmon and the premium species of King salmon, Ora King. Regal King salmon is available is a variety of high quality cuts and flavours including fresh and smoked product while the Ora King salmon is developed specifically for culinary excellence. Only the finest King salmon is reserved and branded Ora king.

NZ Salmon also imports New Zealand smoked Greenlip mussels and New Zealand Cloudy Bay clams and can assist with catering requirements for both private and corporate functions.

NZ Salmon predominantly services Newcastle local businesses including cafe's, restaurants, local supermarkets and butchers. NZ Salmon is also committed to maintaining a permanent presence at the local farmers market where consumers are able to sample and purchase our fine, fresh quality products.

Our services also extend south to the Sydney region and north to Port Macquarie to customers who are looking for the best quality and unique flavours offered by NZ Salmon.

We pride ourselves on our fast and efficient service, availability and high standard of products.

With confidence, we invite you to experience our superior products and enjoy the best of New Zealand's fresh seafood.

Nicole Kroef
Owner/Operator - NZ Salmon

Our Products

NZ Salmon products are developed in the Marlborough Sounds situated in the north of New Zealand's south island. The water is cool, clean and crystal clear; an ideal climate for salmon production.

The variety of salmon supplied is Chinook King salmon. It is spawned in tanks of spring water until 6 months maturation then released into the Sounds. Only 2.5% of the Marlborough Sounds sea farm volume is occupied by salmon, the other 97.5% is water allowing the salmon to thrive is the deep, unpolluted waters.

The feed is a replicate of a natural wild salmon diet containing fish meal, fish oil, land based animal protein and oil, vegetable proteins meals, vitamins, minerals and astaxanthin which is found naturally in algae and krill.

No antibiotics, growth hormones or chemicals are used to farm the salmon.

The fish is not only superbly fresh, the texture and flesh of the salmon which is systematically packed with Omaga 3's has minimal gaping. Each fish is is individually gill tagged and selected for the market.

Ora King salmon, a premium species of King salmon also produced in the Marlborough Sounds, has achieved the world leading Best Aquaculture Practises (BAP) certification from the Global Aquaculture Alliance



Cold Smoke Recipes

Hot Smoke Recipes

Fresh Salmon Recipes


Find Us

• Newcastle City Farmers Markets – every Sunday Broadmeadow showgrounds, the entire range of NZ Products
• Darby St Quality Meats – Fresh portions and sides of Regal salmon
• Commercial Fishermans co-op Wickham – Fresh portions and sides of Ora King salmon
• Sellers Meats Merewether – Fresh portions and sides of Regal salmon
• IGA Merewether – Fresh Regal portions
• Hunter Organics The Junction – Fresh Regal portions, hot and cold smoke salmon & Hunter Cured
• Nelson Bay Seafoods – Fresh portions and sides of Ora King Salmon, Smoked Greenlipped Mussels
• Woolombi Provodore – Hunter Cured & cold smoke salmon
• Delikacies – Hot and Cold smoke products

On Menu

• One Penny Black
• Silo Restaurant & Lounge
• Momo Wholefood Cafe
• Moor Cafe
• Dark Horse Espresso
• Royal Toronto Yacht Club

To The Door

• Fresh Thursday door to door delivery
• From Cooks Hill to New Lambton